Thursday, November 09, 2006

Whistle While you Work

First impressions. None to say of the workplace because work for me has not officially begun, although some mild training and acclimating to the new operating system and all the proprietary Weta-tools has certainly commenced. That said, the initial impressions of the city, which are most likely unfair due to only 72 hours worth of impression-making, are a bit iffy. To be fair, Wellington is a beautiful, peaceful place filled with genuinely friendly people. But my experience thus far has been more or less cold, rain, clouds, and wind. Oh the wind. Nothing makes mildly unpleasant weather become any more unbearable than adding in some gusty wind. And "Windy Welly", as they call it, saves its gusty wind for the nice days, or so I hear. The rest of the time, which is most of the time, the winds stay at a constant "the hurricane is on its way" level. Granted the hurricane never comes, but at times I wish it would, because maybe then the wind would stop, at least for a little while.

Just some quick thoughts as I fight the jetlag. I'm sure by next week I'll have a fully different impression, because thus far its changing day to day, I just can't write about it every day. Hopefully by then I'll have some photos worth posting as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what winter is like...you are entering the summer months and this is what it's like! I guess visitors need to come prepared! MUM