Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Hits Keep Commin

More reveals about Avatar seem to come almost every day. The marketing machine is definitely in full swing.Yesterday at the E3 conference, the Demo booth for the Avatar game had the full size, Stan Winston built, AmpSuit. You might be looking at the photos, and asking "What the hell does that thing do?" "What is it used for in the film?" Unfortunately, I can't say. Want to, but can't. All I can say is this thing is Bad. Ass. But that much seems apparent from the pictures, doesn't it?

This is the actual AmpSuit used in the production out here in NZ. I was privileged enough to tour the set a few times 2 years ago when they were shooting, and to both see this thing in person, and touch it (and even play with it). Short of sitting in the thing, we certainly got a unique experience with it. And naturally, I couldn't resist moulding it's articulated fingers into the shocker. Yes, I did it. Can you blame me? Below are a few images of the 14 foot beast, and a link to an article and more photos.

"
I’ve seen some stuff and holy shit, it’s the craziest shit ever."
-Steven Soderbergh (
On a viewing of a few early scenes of AVATAR)

http://www.collider.com/2009/06/02/e3-2009-pictures-of-the-heavy-loaded-from-james-camerons-avatar/


No comments: