Monday, June 01, 2009

What the HELL have you been doing out there?


It may seem as if I have been surfing, diving, cooking, drinking, snowboarding, spear-fishing, and skydiving my way through the last nearly 3 years. (Wow, has it really been that long?) Well, that is true, but the hidden truth is I have been slaving away (and still am) on Avatar. I can't say much about it, or show much about it, but for the first time ever, I can at least show you SOMETHING. So I will do just that. See below for a posted article and some concept artwork (albeit over 2 years old, but still, at least a hint at what I have been working on). But let's just be clear, this is just a glimpse. There is going to be so much more. Ooooh so much more. And the overwhelming excitement that we have about this film, and that the man in charge James Cameron has about it, is a geeks dream.

The latest, greatest quote about the film is as follows (This is the kinda stuff that keeps us going, and only the latest in a long line of epic quotes about the film):

"...there's going to be images in this film we're making right now that are going to Blow. People. Away...They'll be like, 'what the f#ck?"...cause we say that when we see the shots coming back from WETA Digital. They sent us a shot last week, and I said, 'this is ridiculous!' "

-James Cameron


And please read the writeup on the artwork here:
http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/05/want-to-see-what-whole-power-suit-might.html


No comments: